Overcoming Anxiety



 
When I was going through High School I found it hard to make simple decisions or even answering questions like "What am I doing with my life??" and "What am I going to wear today??" I felt like everyone is high school knew what they wanted to do with there life and I was the only who was undecided with what I wanted to do for the rest of there life and to be honest I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I thought picking something fun like majoring in Retail Management in college would make my college experience a little easier but it didn't. I was so overwhelmed with the fact that I knew I was making the wrong decision but looking back on it, I didn't make the wrong decision. 


I still get the feeling that everyone's watching me these days. I wasn't taking care of myself, because I was so worried about other people.  I was worried about what they were seeing, what they were thinking, what they were saying. I know it says in the bible that caring about people is good but caring about people that much is not. 

 It was an awful experience, but seeing how I've changed since then is very uplifting. I though I was always going to be this sad girl but I am not anymore I am happy. I still have bad days but you figure out how to get threw it. 



There are 5 simple ways to overcome anxiety: 

1. Get some rest: 
It's super easy to just stay up and think about what's going on in your head but it doesn't help. So, go to sleep or take a nap and by the time you wake up you will be clearer.

2. Journal: 
Just write down whatever comes to your head. However writing in your journal isn't for everyone. 

3. Ask for help: I kept my issues bottled up inside of me for a long time and when it came out it got really bad things where messy. If they love you they are not going to judge you, they want to help you. 

4. Stop over thinking: It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you have to do everything for everyone but your the only one you have to please. 

5. You come first: Put yourself first. 

Having Faith in God also helped me find myself again. 

"Anxiety is the absence of faith and trust that God can handle it. And without faith, it is impossible to please God. I believe, Lord help my unbelief."

With Much Love,
Rosina

No comments :

Post a Comment