Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale



When Maybelline first came out with the dream bouncy blush line a year ago I remember everyone went crazy for them but not everyone was pleased with the quality. I thought I was the only one who loved them but then I realized my secret. 

These blushes are pigmented beyond belief. Hot Tamale is a coral- red blush with a frost finish that turns to a powder when dry. 




These dream bouncy blushes have such a unique formulation. It feels almost like a cream blush but when it dries it dries like a powdery texture. If you did not know any better it would probably be considered a cream brush. 

This is where my secret comes in. For a lot of people the application was difficult for most girls. I didn't like using my fingers for sanitary reasons. When girls where using there fingers it wasn't picking up lot of product which leaves a deeper pigmentation. If you use a sponge applicator or a brush you can pick up more product which in return you get a deep pigmentation. 

Hot Tamale is a very build able color but beware too much it can look a little cakey and that's never a good look. 

I purchased my dream bouncy blush at CVS for $7.99. 

12 comments :

  1. Good tip will defo try that with my blush :)

    http://beutybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip, and that's such a beautiful coral colour!! Lilie x

    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I want a cream blush really badly- it's on my list for sure. Found your blog through Jenna's! Following <3 Alex


    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tip!
    i havent tried these :(
    Following you now :)

    would you like to follow eachother via gfc & bloglovin'?
    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | International Giveaway
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shade!

    x

    I would love if you entered my Zoya & Sephora giveaway!

    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com/2013/05/zoya-ulta-100-follower-giveaway.html#comment-form

    Xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same color in this blush! I think its such a weird concept!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try the Bouncy blushes. Its on my wishlist.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with these!! They are the perfect blush product for summer!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to try these! I heard Hot Tamale was one of the more pigmented of the bunch. Some people were saying these broke them out :/ if I didn't have acne I would pick a few up! Great review :D :D

    ReplyDelete